Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'll Do It My Way

Malaysians will always be Malaysians. Even when there is no place to squeeze, they must squeeze in to sit down. I was in a jam packed LRT the other day and a lady who was sitting exactly in front of me got down at the KL Sentral Station. Ooh... An empty seat... Should I sit down or give it to the aunty (she looked way older than me) beside me?? I was still thinking until...
A lady who STOOD BEHIND ME had to squeeze and push her big fat giant a** and sat down without even asking if I wanted to sit. May I remind you that she looked younger than me. Excuse me woman...
Not that I was intending to sit, but still... So RUDE!!! How can one be just so ignorant? So you think you're big, you can take my seat is it?? ..... Yep she took MY seat. Couldn't say anything about it .

When someone crosses the road, you can somehow tell if that person is Malaysian or not. A Malaysian would cross the road like he/she owns it.. But a non-malaysian would never or more like can never do such a thing as they not as pro as us. While on Jalan Ampang that day, I witnessed a foreigner struggling to cross the road. She managed to get halfway, rocked back and forth before she finally freaked out as a motorcycle was coming her way in the middle of the road. She ran backwards. Ok.. I have to admit I was having a good laugh watching her cross the road.
On the other hand, when a Malaysian is crossing the road, its a whole other story all together. They do it until sometimes when you are driving, you'd just wish u could yell at them "Oi lu punya bapak punya jalan ar!!" I was watching a Harith Iskandar stand-up comedy at work one day and found what he said so funny but true. I remember him saying Singaporeans would cross the road only at a certain designated area. And at the designated area, they wait again for the green man to start blinking...
And only then, they would cross the road.

But to a Malaysian... Aiyo the whole damn road is a designated area. We cross whenever we want and where ever we want. OMG he is soooooo true. Coz me and my friend do it everyday!!! What to do... We're Malaysians maa...So I'm proud to be one. But I'm still not as pro as my fellow friend yet. Salute you la KheeLung!! Lol

And with our "Oh I'm so busy" schedule, to renew our passports, usually we would choose the day that we think would have the least amount of people queuing up to do so at our government departments. Oh did you know that you could get your passport 2 hours afta you've made payment on that day itself. Pretty efficient ya?? Really??... So which day would you choose?? I chose a friday but not TY.
After her recent stint at the Pusat Bandar Damansara branch, TY would definitely advise you not to go on a monday to renew your passport. She reached at 12pm. Ngam ngam nearly lunch just to find that there are about 100 people waiting in front of her. Then when it was finally TY's turn to take nombor, "Maaf.. Sistem komputer kami tergendala", said the officer. And to add to TY's agony, the officer scolded her for not lining up at 7:30am. According to TY, "Just because she had to come to work at 7:30 in the morning, she expects everyone to line up at 7:30 in the morning with her... Siao cha boh... I want to come at 12, I'll come at 12 laaa. " So don't ever go renew passport on Monday! In the end, TY got it done on a wed. She still went there at about 12 noon. Screw 7:30am people!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment