Sunday, October 25, 2009

This time no me

I've realized that previous posts before this were all about me, myself and I. So I've decided to write about others this time. Lets start with the people that I see almost every other day.

Let me ask you something. How well do you know your neighbors? Yes.. the ones who live beside you right now. In my opinion, I know mine just about the right amount. Nothing more, nothing less but just the amount I'd wanna know. You just might find that neighbours are pretty interesting people to look at and talk to.

Lets start with the old lady near me. Almost everyday, Mrs.K will start her day by screaming that the drains are too dirty or the windows are not clean...bla..bla..bla Yep, everyday you can hear her yelling at her 2 poor maids. A couple of them did manage to escape to freedom before through the garbage compartments. And since the incident where she watered my granddaddy like a plant a zillion years ago, they do not speak much to one another.What a pity.. Maybe not.
Yep, that's sorta her.

Not far far away, lives Mr and Mrs V- an elderly couple. Mr V is a quiet man but not Mrs.V. She's a spy!! Spying on other people's life through her windows is what she does best. How I know this... Coz my grandmama would spy on her too and then comes back and tell us that she is spying on our house. See the hide and seek games these elderly people play. And then there's her maid. Now, this maid is sorta like Cinderella who sings (She sings out loud to the plants and not very well I might add) & is waiting for Prince Charming to rescue her. And with all that hoping and wishing, Cinderella's wish did come true. Prince Not So Charming turned out to be the guard in the next lane. Yep a forbidden love affair.

Shhh... do not let Mrs V know that he comes to the fair maiden's rescue every night. Imagine the catastrophe.

Then down the lane, you'll find the Scottish lady with her husband. She's extremely lovely and still thinks she is in Scotland as she reads in the garden IN THE HOT SUN. Auntie!! This is Malaysia not Glasgow. But it was really sweet of her to tell me that when I hail to Scotland next year, she will write to her friend there to have a look out for me. And I love her Scottish accent. However, although she's really sweet and all, I don't understand what she says half the time. Wonder how long it'll take me to learn Doric( a form of Scots which phrases are used in an Aberdonian's everyday speech) "Fit like?" means "How are you?"

The Gossip Queen award goes to a doctor living nearby as she will know anything ranging from who suffered from what illness (okay she should know that) , who died (still in the medical context), who gave birth, who moved away and why, who fought with who, who was not on talking terms with who, whose maid ran away..bla..bla..bla... Anything you'd wanna know about anyone, she would be the go to lady. Doctors do gossip a lot...yea?

Then there's also the hot air stewardess who lives nearby and who looks way hotter than her husband. But sad thing is whenever you see her, she does not smile, does not say 'hi' and tries to avoid any eye contact with you. I think the stewarding job with all the SMILING :D while she goes "Thank you for flying with us... Hope to see you on board with us again... Have a nice trip" has taken the toll on her. Thus no more smiley gal when she's on solid ground. See how different a person can be. Work attitude completely different from self attitude.

A walk further down the road and you will find the ang moh-asian couple. Anyway, this couple likes to show their affection to the world. Of all the rooms in their big huge home, they decide to have make out sessions in the kitchen where it is visible to everyone. Seriously, is it something that we need to see or not?? See also must wash eye laa... Nice kitchen by the way.

Actually, we don't really need to see this. Do we?

And do not let me get started on how some of them can be so ignorant about Road Traffic Accidents. There's this dutch family who throws a Frisbee on the road while being barefooted while cars are moving up and down. Seriously, once I had to slow down to a stop as they were running across the road to catch the damn thing. Actually, I should not have slowed down... Should have been more Malaysian...HonkHonkHonkHonk....And speed past them.. Lol....

Wow...this is really long. I think I should stop. Rambled enough. Did you make it till the end? Or you stopped half way?? See, I told you I know quite a bit about them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment