Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Game, Set, Match

I know its rather late to write bout this but there is just one word to describe the Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur 2009-AWESOME!!!! (Except for the part where I slept through the doubles semis- tooo boring already..beh tahan) Yea for those of you who didnt know, tennis was held last week in KL with ATP ranked players playing in the tournament.




Being avid tennis fans, see how many tickets me,sis n mom collected... haha... crazziiieee...

Congratulations to Nikolay for wining but truth be told, I was rooting for Fernando Verdasco the whole time. Sitting at the upper tier, I dont know if Fernando could even hear me, but I just kept screaming and screaming ... What was disappointing was that he could not convert the 3 break points he had in the 2nd set to take the match to a third set. Haiyo...

Cmon Verdasco!!!!

He was so close by. I could see his face... Lol... Just didnt manage to stretch far enough for an autograph :(

It was also sad to see that none of the Malaysian players could even qualify for the 1st Round of our own Malaysian open. Russia Boleh!!! Espanyol Boleh!! Chile pun Boleh!!! But Malaysia aar... eeeehhh in tennis wor.... Boleh??? Errrr... Just imagine, even our own very very top Malaysian tennis chair umpire only qualified to be the line judge for this tournament. The chair umpire were all from overseas. And speaking of the line judges, make up your mind people!!! The ball is either in or out. No need guees here and there and half the time the chair umpire have to overrule the call. And please call faster can or not?? Why make such slow calls?
And I think supporters should get the name of the players right before yelling like mad people across the stadium with the wrong name. Richard Gasquet is not pronounced like how its spelt. He's french... should be Gasqay... not gas-quet...


Gonzalez to serve....

And what is tennis without a little drama. And Gonzalez provided just what I was supposed to see. He slamed his racket to the ground after losing the 1st set in the semifinals against Verdasco. But being such a blur case and as I was too busy watching Verdasco, I didn't see him. Wth ..I only saw the broken racket being given to a fan.. "Gonzlez, I want your racket!!! I dont care if its broken!!!" A bad thing bout watching live tennis, there are no replays. Once you miss the action, that's it.

Okay, that's bout it. Wonder next year still got chance to go or not?? Dont think so :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment