Sunday, November 1, 2009

Saturday FOOD Extravagance!!!!

Yummy...yummy...yummy...
It all started with nasi kandar on Saturday 12am. Right on time... Yep... u didnt read it wrong, alright. I only went for nasi at past 12am!

See my plate of nasi kandar!!! Very the ho chiak!! Every type of curry and some special curry spice was poured onto the rice. I even asked for lebih kuah that night. On the far left in my nasi kandar picture is the dark coloured curry chicken. And I can never go to mamak without ordering my limau ais. That one is my must have!! If no this, then must have milo ais.


This one is with fried chicken instead. Not too bad also.

My tennis buddy and coach once told me before that I was not considered a true Malaysian until I've had my share of nasi kandar. And since my first try, I really liked it till today. I've tried nasi kandar in many places but still, I find the one in SS2- Original Kayu the best. (The one along the SS2 pasar malam). But mind you, its not cheap. A plate with just chicken cost me RM6 that night. I went there once with a good friend of mine (who has not tried nasi kandar before) and instead of just chicken, we decided to add mutton to the chicken- costing us more than RM10 EACH PLATE. I actually got a shock of my life that day when the waiter told me my bill. I just didn't tell my friend how in shock I was. Wonder if he got a shock too?? Lol
















Ok. Back to the present. I also ordered Roti Tissue that night. There those pictures above is the roti tissue lor. At first I didn't even know what it was. I just pointed to my neighbours table and told the waiter, "Ya I nak itu". That was when the waiter told me that the "itu" I wanted was roti tissue. Now this is no ordinary roti tissue. It is 4 plates long and is covered in condensed milk and sugar. Sweet!!! And Nice!!! And soooo Crispy!!!

How could dinner be complete without Ais kacang tambah ais krim on the top???

I had dinner at 12am and I went to bed at 2am. Very unhealthy. My policy again "Eat first, worry later laaaa"

Then came Saturday morning (Got up past noon but still morning to me) ... MUFFINS day.



Made Blueberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins with mom on saturday morning/noon. I did the folding aka mixing too. Hard work you know. Ever tried raw flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, milk and eggs?? Eh it's actually not too bad. Reminded me of my IMU orientation. Just that it didn't taste that good coming out of my T-shirt and hair the last time ;P

There you go. Freshly baked homemade muffins......

Eh these are real muffins... Not copy paste from cookbook.

Another picture of the muffins... Looks pretty or not :D I think they turned out okay. At least none were burnt. Taste pretty good too. My experiment with Milo on 1 of them turned out way toooo sweet though.



Then there was also the very nice Luk Mei Tong Sui that Mr. Yap brought for me and khee lung all the way from Jalan Ipoh to klcc. Thank you Mr. Yap. Hehehe.. As I was too sleepy to eat it after nasi kandar on friday, I only had it the day after. Cheap and nice and still fresh even after being kept for one day.

Err... It doesn't look so nice in this picture though. It didn't look this bad in real life. Seriously... Right Mr. Yap?? Right Mr. Yong??

Okay... so we've gone from rice to roti to muffins.... tong sui... oh I forgot the ais kacang... So what is the other thing I didnt eat yet??

Noodle... More specific would be Pan Mee. How can I eat everything and leave this one out rite? No way!! Theres this restaurant called Kin Kin in Pandan Indah (next to the Kesas Highway), and its my favourite place for pan mee. It was introduced to me by a fellow IMU batchmate of mine. Warning: Do not go there during lunch time. Either go before or after lunch as you'd have to wait to just find a table if you go there during lunch hours. Coach!! I shall bring you there 1 day.

Err...the far left is chee sui (soup) and those in the middle and the right is the kwan loh ones. Need to eat both maa.... Then only syok.
A lot of my IMU friends have tried this before and I'm sure they would agree with me that the pan mee here is really GUUUUUUD. Lol...
Remember what the secret ingredient was???

The chili flakes lor.....

So see the amount of food I had in 1 Saturday. Actually I somemore had dai chao for dinner and I didn't mention my breakfast- light breakfast. But I think it'll b too much already....
So is it a lot or not?? :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment